Join us for #TapIntoTwitter London on Tuesday, August 31st, starting from 6pm BST (GMT+1). We will have speakers from the Twitter Dev Team as well as speakers from the Twitter Dev Community. See the talks, speakers and agenda below.
An overview of what's available with the new Twitter API v2, with a special focus on Tweet annotations.
Speaker Bio - Aurelia is a Solutions Architect on the Developer Relations team at Twitter; she helps developers build solutions with the Twitter API.
TALK 2 - Fun With Threads! by Terence Eden
The new Twitter Conversation API is here. This is a quick tour of how it works and how you can create interesting and exotic visualisations of threaded discussions.
Speaker Bio - Terence is a technology expert, open source coder, open data publisher, and freelance security consultant. He was formerly the UK Government's representative to the W3C. He speaks around the world on open standards, open source software, and open data. He also helped get four-and-a-half new emoji into Unicode.
Twitter Spaces is a new medium of communication; we built endpoints to build discovery experiences and to let hosts understand the performance of their Spaces. You'll hear all there is to know about social audio dynamics, including how you can build apps for listeners and hosts.
Speaker Bio - Daniele is a Developer Advocate at Twitter; he works with developers to use the Twitter API v2 to build the best apps for all users. You can follow him on Twitter at @i_am_daniele.
- please tune in to this YouTube channel to catch the event >> https://www.youtube.com/c/TECHKNOWDay.
- the specific broadcast link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jik3zzvLyzQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jik3zzvLyzQ
- please find below some important information. The in-person aspect of the event will be hosted by Samsung UK at their Samsung Experience Store at King's Cross Saint Pancras, London. Here's a preview of the event space - https://twitter.com/coderinheels/status/1430529494889140227?s=20.
- Coal Drops Yard is a short walking distance from King's Cross Mainline & Underground stations, as well as St Pancras International (where the Eurostar station is)
- When you arrive at Coal Drops Yard, you can either take the stairs or use the lift to take you the the Upper Level (there are 3 levels - Yard, ViaDuct, Upper Level). There are two types of lifts at Coal Drops Yard - one that can take you up to Samsung KX, the other only goes up to the Viaduct level. The key is to find the signs that says Samsung on Yard level (the lift is right around there).
As we have said on the in-person ticket type, any one attending in-person will have to bring proof of vaccination (ideally on the NHS app, but bring your vaccination card, too, in case of any tech issues with your app).
You will also have to wear a mask during the event.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THE EVENT, IN-PERSON OR VIRTUALLY!
Technology Expert, Open Source Coder, Open Data Publisher, and Freelance Security Consultant
London Twitter Developer Community Lead